Friday, October 8, 2010

One year old

How is it that you're already ONE?!? I can't even believe it!! My sweet baby boy is ONE YEAR OLD today!


Born at 11:15am 10/08/09 - 8lbs 10oz

You have been such a good baby right from the start. Smooth pregnancy, smooth delivery, great sleeper, great eater! I couldn't have asked for more.

You're the happiest baby I know. Always ALWAYS smiling and just so content .

That dimple (yup, just one) is to die for! LOVE IT!

You were rolling all over the place at 4 months, and starting to recognize Mommy, Daddy and big sister Cora.

Got your first tooth at 6 months. We shaved your head. Cora can make you laugh more than anyone else can. You absolutely adore her and she is such a great big sister. You started saying "Dadada", although I'm pretty sure you don't know who you're talking about.

You love those toes. You get them in your mouth whenever it's remotely possible. You're super ticklish. I love putting lotion on you bc you just giggle the whole time.

You're finally, FINALLY sitting up completely on your own at about 7 months. Lazy butt!! I was getting worried. You're loving your sippy cup. You got your first ear infection. :(

Teething like a mad man. 4 on top, 4 on bottom and drooling like crazy. I call you my little inch worm bc that's exactly what you look like when you crawl.

Still loving your thumb and your blankie. It's the perfect combination for bedtime. You wake up happy from every nap and every morning. I love going in to get you! You're saying "Mama", but again, I'm not sure you know that's me. I like to pretend though. :)

You love to drop things and say "uh oh". It's the first thing you've said where you know what you're taking about. You clap and wave "hi". You're finally crawling on your hands and knees and not scooting on your tummy. You're pulling yourself up on things. You love playing with Cora's Barbie car and the remote controls. You love spaghetti, cereal bars and bananas. You're developing such a personality. Everyday more and more of your character comes through. I have loved watching you turn into my little man and I can't wait to continue watching who you'll become. Never in my life did I think you could bring me so much joy, but indeed, you have. You are my joy and I love you more than I can say. Happy birthday Collin!!

5 comments:

Betty Brackett said...

He's absolutely adorable, and it's hard to imagine he's already a year old! And to think back, when you weren't sure you'd want a boy...lol...bet that's long forgotten now, hmm? Wonderful pictures too, Chelsea...love the one where he's looking off to the side....so cute. :)

Lori said...

Love, love, love this post, Chelsea. I'm actually teary. I remember when he was born - seems like a few weeks ago. And I remember how anxious you were that you wouldn't like him (like every mom who's ever had a second baby). It makes me so happy that you love him so much. Pictures are so, so sweet! Happy (late) Birthday, Collin! We love you!

David and Emily Wilcock said...

I don't think I can ever say this enough - He is so stinking cute!!! I LOVE that last picture! Oh, man! It melts my heart! Happy birthday to Collin!

Gina said...

Happy Birthday Collin!

Jessica Duff said...

Collin is such a cute, happy little guy!