So, I know I haven't posted in a long time, and when you see a post by Shawn (Mann with two Ns) you expect me to talk about grizzly bears, hunting, and no-holds-barred street fighting tournaments (winner takes all). But I've got a new hobby, and it involves uneven bars and more chalk than your elementary school (see how I give shout-outs to the elderly?). That's right, I've fallen in love with "Women's Artistic Gymnastics". Which is decidedly less manly than my normal content.
I do apologize.
I can tell you all about A scores and B scores and "Code of Points". I know that falling off the balance beam in Olympic competition will cost you a cool 8 tenths of a point. What do you want to know? Shawn Johnson? Des Moines, Iowa, 4 foot 9! Bam. I'm like Dustin Hoffman in the Rain Man, or that guy who wants to teach you how to read a whole book in 4 minutes.
So, shamelessly, I might add, I am revealing my love of a sport where it's good to be 4'8" and weigh 79 pounds. And be a chick. I became mezmerized by their incredible displays of skill and strength, their grace under pressure. I want to blame this all on Chelsea for getting me into "So You Think You Can Dance". I'm ruined, or off to get a manicure, I can't decide...
But before I go, I will leave you with a picture of my new crush, Nastia Liukin:

And a reward for any of the lady-folk that read this far, here is Chelsea's man:

Say "hi" to the ladies, Tom!
5 comments:
Hmmm....I see a pattern developing here. John and I were watching the recorded ladies' gymnastics this morning, and I told him that Nastia (who was fabulous!) reminded me a little of Chelsea. As does Gwen Stefani, who,as I recall, was also a favorite of yours.Could this be coincidence? :)
I just have amazing taste!
P.S. My wife is gorgeous, but if I posted pictures of HER, she would get super-angry!
Shawn we were talking about your writing skills last night at Bunko and decided that you should write a book! I too love women's gymnastics!!! Did you stay up too late last night to see Shawn and Nastia rock the balance beam???
We turned it on right when Nastia was up, and missed Shawn. It's because I have "Nastia" sense, kind of like how Spider-Man can sense danger. The point of this is, yes, I am a super hero.
Shawn, I have to disagree with you. Nastia is not as cool as Shawn, not to mention that Shawn is from Iowa. Plus, she is so tiny you could stick her in your pocket and let her out to do tricks when you are bored. ha!
Post a Comment