I took these pictures tonight of the Moon and Saturn. I put our small digital camera up to the lens of my telescope, and tried to capture anything I could. These are the best of them:
The Moon is about 239,000 miles from Earth.
These are of Saturn, which is hard to image because when I try to place the camera on the lens of the scope, the shakiness blurs the image quite a bit. I was pleased to even get shots where the rings are recognizable. The first one is good enough that you can just make out the shadow of the rings on the planet! Look, I'm geeking out!Saturn is about 750,000,000 miles away, and easily spotted with your naked eye if you know where to look.
Going to bed now!
6 comments:
Just in case there ever was any confusion in the past, yes, Shawn you are a dork!
Hmm...I can't find Saturn. You don't happen to have one of those awesome laser's that can point to things in the sky do you?
Those are Awesome pictures!
Shawn I think that telescope was your best purchase ever.
Very impressive!!
That was so interesting. For real! LOL. =)
Post a Comment