Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tooth Fairy

Cora had her first encounter with the tooth fairy!! Her bottom two teeth have been loose for quite a while. She came downstairs one night after we had put her to bed and told us she was pretty sure her tooth was ready to come out. I'm guessing she was playing with it a bit upstairs bc it was pretty bloody. So, with one swift yank Shawn was able to pull it out. I was so proud of her! She is usually pretty afraid of anything that might hurt even a little but I think her excitement for the tooth fairy made it all worth it. She eagerly put the tooth in a baggy, placed it nicely under her pillow and went RIGHT to sleep. And what do ya know? There it was in the morning! A crisp $1 bill!! She was thrilled! We got an ice cream bar from the ice cream truck on the way home from school that afternoon.




2 mornings later she was chatting with me while I was getting ready and I noticed the gap in her mouth was a bit bigger. I know the other tooth was there when we brushed her teeth the night before so I'm guessing it must have fallen out during the night, or maybe while she was eating breakfast. Her immediate concern, obviously, was the tooth fairy. So we wrote a little note. Here's what she came up with:

Dear Tooth Fairy,
I don't know where my tooth is. Maybe in my belly. Please still bring me some money.
Love, Cora

Turns out the tooth fairy accepts notes. Another Washington was there under her pillow in the morning. Phew! Here come the big, ugly, awkward teeth. Oh joy.

2 comments:

Jessica Duff said...

Cora looks so cute! I love her little not to the Tooth Fairy...adorable!

The McPherson Clan--- said...

Dude, that note is awesome! "maybe in my belly"...love it!!!