Friday, January 12, 2007

"Feels like 25"

Apparently while I was sleeping last night, the Las Vegas valley was pulled from its toasty home in the desert and transported to Iceland (the land of Ice) or someplace equally "freaking freezing". Just how freezing? Well, I checked Weather.com, and it said it's 39 degrees out. Doesn't feel like 39 degrees, I said to myself. And what do you know? "Feels like 25 degrees". I expect our sojourn in Narnia (pre-White Witch expulsion) to last the weekend, upon the end of which our normally balmy weather will be restored to us, like Las Vegas' weather was a sort of detached lizard limb, and the warmth a miracle of reptilian regeneration.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Shawn you need to start submitting some of your stuff to the newspaper or something. It is hilarious. Lori and I can't wait to hear your next entry. Your talent is truly being wasted on just us though. We have to do something about this. :)

Lori said...

You clearly don't know from "freaking freezing"! Our high today was 21 - it was 12 degrees when I was driving home from the car dealership, with 10 mph winds...feeling like -10! That's freaking freezing!

corycrocker said...

Freaking Freezing is when it was -8 degrees inside my garage and -12 outside and that's without considering the wind chill and the snow being dusted all over the place. This type of weather does all sorts of fun stuff like freezing the water pipes until 5:00 pm (no showers...yuck!) and making the heater go on the fritz so inside the house is a toasty warm 55 degrees... I'd kill for a feels like 25 right about now.

Anonymous said...

I really didn't understand what in the heck you were talking about in the last couple of sentences... Getting old is awful.
Having said that, Cali is getting hit with some cold weather, as well. I went running last night and I got hit with some seriously freaking cold wind. I think ice crystals formed on my lungs.