Friday, August 31, 2007

USA Basketball

Tonight Shawn and I went to the USA Basketball Olympic qualifier tournament. It's the tournament for North & South America to see who gets to go to the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The top two teams get to go. Tonight we played Argentina who, like us, was undefeated. We smashed their faces 91 to 76 :) We had REALLY good seats and I got some great pictures.
Here is Shawn and the team getting ready to start the 2nd half This is the team getting a pep talk from the coach
Kobe Bryant!!! He did AWESOME! Scored 27 out of 91 pts. (10 in the first 3 minutes!)
LeBron James!!!
Dwyane Wade!!! (check out the bling bling!)
Kobe dunking
LeBron dunking
I had to include a pic of Amy's man...Daron Williams. He plays for the Utah Jazz

7 comments:

Jeremy and Sarah said...

Looks like you had alot of fun!!!I have to say Chelsea, I think that you need to go onto advanced photography...beginners is going to be way to easy for you. I mean I am no expert but those pictures are amazing!!

Justin and Amy said...

That looks like so much fun! Justin and I watched some highlights from a previous game and were shocked at how empty the arena was. Crazy with all those big basketball names playing. Thanks For the pictures of Williams! I'm glad you remembered his name:) I liked the pic of D Wade too! My crush on him has returned...

Chelsea said...

We were shocked at the emptiness as well. We had pretty good seats to begin with but were even able to move down quite a few rows for the second half b/c we'd been eyeing some empty seats. :)

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS TODAY!!! DRIVE/FLY SAFELY!!!

Shawn said...

I don't think they are advertising it very well. It's a wicked deal, like $30 for great seats. That place should be packed.

Amy/Justin - I booked our tee time at 7:29. I hope that's not too early.

Justin and Amy said...

We can't wait to see you guys too!!! If I didn't have a class of 5th graders to teach we would be heading down there already! And Shawn that's not too early. It's great. I was afraid if it were later you would all melt, so that works.

Justin and Amy said...

7:29! I hope that's a p.m. tee time...

Just kidding. Perfect time. I'm so excited. Hopefully I have a little better showing than I did last year.

The game looks awesome. Thanks for reminding Amy about her D-Wade crush.

Greg and Sariah said...

those pics are cooler than cool.