Monday, September 3, 2007

Birthday Thoughts


We celebrated Cora's 2nd birthday this Labor Day weekend with lots of family members who traveled into town. We all had a great weekend together! Cora was WAY too spoiled by all the toys and clothes she received but enjoyed every minute of it, as you can imagine. Some of the highlights were her very own comfy rocking chair from Aunt Lori and Uncle Jim (along with way too many adorable outfits!), like 100 pieces of plastic fruit you can cut from Auntie Ami-mi and Uncle Justin (along with way too many adorable outfits!), the most gigantic stuffed Pablo I've ever seen from friends Ben and Fiona, a pink and purple car for outside from Auntie Devyn and Uncle Michael, a huge slide from Grandma, and a play kitchen w/dishes and a caterpillar tunnel from Mom and Dad. Like I said...WAY too spoiled! She was such a good girl all weekend and enjoyed, as did her Mommy and Daddy, everybodys company.

As everyone trickled out today and things settled down, my thoughts turned to how perfect it is that my daughter will always get to share her birthday weekend with my Mother's. It was an emotional and difficult thing not to have my Mom here this weekend celebrating with us, as we all know she would have loved it so much. I'm so thankful for all of the time Cora was able to spend with my Mom before she left us, I'm thankful for the joy that I know Cora added to my Mom's life, and I'm thankful for how much of my Mom I know will always be a part of Cora.










6 comments:

Iverson Family said...

I love those pictures. Your mom was so amazing. You three are so lucky to have such an incredible mom. It sounds like you had a perfect weekend.

Justin and Amy said...

So incredibly sweet Chelsea Lou! You are so right... Mom will always be a part of Cora. And people see it in Cora every single day:)

Lori said...

Chelsea, you are such a remarkable young woman - I'm so proud of the grace you and Amy have shown these past weeks. Just seeing you both, with your awesome husbands and your precious little girl helps me feel like I'm with my sister (so much of her shows in you and Amy)... And you're right: your mom will always be a part of Cora's life - and Cora will always be part of hers. Love you.

Michele said...

Such wonderful pictures! It looks like Cora had an amazing birthday with plenty of family members close by. I saw her loot on Amy's page, what a lucky girl:)

Anonymous said...

Chelsea,
What sweet pictures. Your mom loved Cora so much. I am sure this was a bittersweet weekend for you and Amy. Thought of you both, and Debbie, on her birthday. Glad you were together. But, she most definately lives on in her daughters and grandaughter. Love Nancy

Nate and Bre said...

Chels, That second picture of your mom and Cora is just the way I remember her. It took my breath away. Love you!