Here's our 2nd tree this year. Yes, that's right, 2nd! I get so excited to get a tree Thanksgiving weekend and I just can't wait any longer. Well, every year it dies and looks awful by the time Christmas comes. This year it looked especially bad about 2 weeks after we got it. I was scared to turn the lights on for fear it would burst into flame any minute, and it was honestly putting quite a damper on my Christmas spirit. Shawn was embarrassed to put the dead tree out by the trash before Christmas. I guess he's afraid the garbage men thought we were weird or something. I suppose we are a little strange. We went and bought another one, smaller, b/c they're so dang expensive and I'm absolutely LOVING it! It's so cute...and GREEN! I think I'm finally going to cave and get an artificial one this year after Christmas (hopefully on sale) b/c the real ones just are too much work. But for now, I'm enjoying our cute little tree!
Our Christmas Village! On part of our first date we walked around the shops of a mall downtown. One of them had tons and tons of different Christmas villages and we just looked at them forever! Shawn got me a little house and some people one of the first years we were together and we've carried on the tradition since. It's fun to go pick a new thing out each year and add to our collection. I'm not sure how much longer we'll be able to, since we're sort of running out of room :)
Christmas baking! I made a few little treats to deliver to friends but my favorite thing were these white chocolate covered oreos. Amy told me about one of her friends who made these and they sounded pretty easy and really cute. Plus, who doesn't LOVE white chocolate covered oreos?
And of course, a few pics of Cora in her winter apparel. AKA Las Vegas winter apparel: hat and hoodie! We've had to bust it out a few times this week :) It's getting chilly!
5 comments:
How beautiful, Chelsea!! Your tree looks just right, and of course Cora always does :) So excited about seeing you guys at Christmas time. The boys did a good job on those lights...now you can relax till next year.
Your house looks beautiful! And your village is too cute. I see you have MANY presents under the tree already. Can't wait to see what's inside all of them. Since I'm never surprised, I like to be surprised by what other people get. So I'll be waiting for an after Christmas blog. :)
I wish I could pinch Cora's cheeks over the internet!!!
I love winter hats on little kids, she is adorable :) So is your house
Just so you know, you take the best pictures! Your house looks adorable. How does Cora like all the decorations and the music?
Post a Comment