Saturday, April 7, 2007

Our house, Cora & the Cubs

Our house, Cora and the Cubs...these are the things going on with us right now. Here is a picture of our house last week. YAY FOR STUCCO!

And here is a picture of it today (I took a crooked picture, I know)...It's painted and looks like a real house! We're so excited!!! We have a front door, steps up to the front door, a driveway and a back patio! The inside is all painted and it looks like they're ready to install flooring next. Oh my gosh, I can't believe this is our house! They actually gave us a walk-thru date of May 24th but we're trying to push it back to at least the beginning of June. Don't worry Amy, I promise it won't interfere with your Reno reception :) Our current lease isn't up until the END of JULY! Geez! Hopefully we'll find someone else to take over our lease starting July 1st. Hint, hint...if anyone knows of someone looking for a condo in SW Las Vegas I know of a really cute one that's available July 1st! :)

Here is a new seat that Cora discovered this week. She loves to sit on it but she can't get up or down on her own. So I have to lift her up, then she wants down...then back up...then down again...you get the idea, right? It's a super fun game!


So I know I probably should have done this a while ago but I haven't wanted to take Cora's bumper out of her crib b/c it's sooooo cute! Plus, she likes to scoot way up with her head in the very corner of the crib when she sleeps and I thought without the bumper she'd hurt her head. Anyway, I finally took it out today after I got her up from her nap and found her like this...check out the super cute nap hair...

Shawn and I got to go to a Cubs Spring Training game last week here in Las Vegas. For those of you who don't know, Shawn is a HUGE Cubs fan...I'm not sure why. Anyway, they were playing the Mariners and it was a very long, very hot, very uneventful (aka: BORING) game. We lost 2-1. It was nice to sort of have a date though. Plus we had really good seats. Here's 1st baseman Derek Lee! Woo hoo!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the color of your house. I don't think it looks like chocolate milk, it is darling as is my precious baby girl. Love her new chair :) Happy Easter Sweetheart!

Chelsea said...

Ok everyone, let's make this clear...the spare bedroom in our new house is my MOM'S ROOM. Other people are allowed to rent it out as a "vacation getaway room" for a small fee but it is still my MOM'S :)
I must admit that I have noticed the Yankees sucking a little bit...so sorry for you :(
Hey! Only 1 month and 10 days until your wedding...YAY!!!

Debbie said...

I LOVE YOU MY CHELSEA :)

Greg and Sariah said...

Your house looks awesome! Love the color. Did you pick it? Can Cora go up and down stairs okay? Or is this going to be a fun game of going up and down with that too?

Chelsea said...

We did get to pick the color of the house but I'm not as fond of it now as I was when we chose it. I think it looks like chocolate milk. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Cora has gotten pretty good on the stairs. She got to practice a lot when we visited California. She still needs a little supervision but she's pretty much got it down.