These are 2 concept pieces for a story in my head right now. I wanted the animals to look realistic, so I used pictures of real animals for reference, and gave them minor fantastical elements. Hope you enjoy!
I wanted the rabbit to look like a girl, but I didn't want to put a bow on it or anything. Hopefully the designs are concise, the plan would be to have the characters fairly plain, and the backgrounds detailed.
I believe when Debbie said she had the most talented som-in-law in the world, she was talking about me, Shawn. So don't let it all go to your head. I'm pretty sure Debbie was commenting on my golfing skills.
I hate this computer! It never types what I tell it too. I typed "sons-in-law" and it inadvertently left off the "s". I will proof read alot closer after this :)
Debbie, I totally understand if you think more of Shawn than you do of me. I don't think I will make it up to Shawn status until I produce a grandchild :)
I know in the passed I have messed with you and said your characters have look eerily similar to video game characters, but....come on, that fox is from Okami.
It's supposed to be a similar style, since the story is based on Japanese kitsune myths. And fyi, Okami looks like sumi-e drawings, Okami didn't invent that. But yeah, I know they look similar.
This is apparently an old post, and I'm woefully behind in my blog review; but for what it's worth, Shawn, you're awesome! I can't wait to see the story - are we talking "graphic novel" or something else? And just for the record, I also have wonderful and amazing sonS-in-law.
Yeah, team "Mirror Story" is busy plotting and plodding along. We want to try and do a graphic novel at around 120-150 pages. This style of art is easier and faster to do, and still looks good, I think, so hopefully we can get something finished.
16 comments:
It is official. I have the most talented son-in-law in the world! These are absolutely adorable. See you tomorrow, honey. I can't wait :)
You are so talented Shawn. Very nice indeed.
They're beautiful, Shawn! I love the little curlyque thingee on the bunny's eyebrow...good luck with your project :)
I wanted the rabbit to look like a girl, but I didn't want to put a bow on it or anything. Hopefully the designs are concise, the plan would be to have the characters fairly plain, and the backgrounds detailed.
I believe when Debbie said she had the most talented som-in-law in the world, she was talking about me, Shawn. So don't let it all go to your head. I'm pretty sure Debbie was commenting on my golfing skills.
I just assume she starts every post with "Justin is SO awesome!", so I usually skip to the second or third sentence, haha.
I hate this computer! It never types what I tell it too. I typed "sons-in-law" and it inadvertently left off the "s". I will proof read alot closer after this :)
Justin is evidently experiencing the same thing, his computer typed "som-in-law"
Debbie, I totally understand if you think more of Shawn than you do of me. I don't think I will make it up to Shawn status until I produce a grandchild :)
I think you're right Justin! You'd better get on that soon!:)
I know in the passed I have messed with you and said your characters have look eerily similar to video game characters, but....come on, that fox is from Okami.
It's supposed to be a similar style, since the story is based on Japanese kitsune myths. And fyi, Okami looks like sumi-e drawings, Okami didn't invent that. But yeah, I know they look similar.
Your animals look great! I cant wait to see the stories.
This is apparently an old post, and I'm woefully behind in my blog review; but for what it's worth, Shawn, you're awesome! I can't wait to see the story - are we talking "graphic novel" or something else? And just for the record, I also have wonderful and amazing sonS-in-law.
Also, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the fox uses the sword...
Yeah, team "Mirror Story" is busy plotting and plodding along. We want to try and do a graphic novel at around 120-150 pages. This style of art is easier and faster to do, and still looks good, I think, so hopefully we can get something finished.
Post a Comment