Wednesday, October 10, 2007

CHURROS!

For those of you with the good fortune of living near a Baja Fresh I insist you try their new churros, if you haven't already. It's my new secret shame! I can barely drive past a Baja without stopping in to get one. It's like they call my name! All I can say is...heaven! For real, I think they're better than Disneyland's churros! Yeah! I'm serious! You gotta try them! Happy eating!


12 comments:

Justin and Amy said...

Adrienne and I went to like twenty different churrro stands in six flags last year trying to actually get one. We finally waited for twenty minutes at one for this one guys to get his cooked. It's nice to know that I can get a good churro at any time at Baja and I don't have to be at an amusement park to love it:) Thanks for introducing me to your secret shame! I loved it:)

Justin and Amy said...

P.S. Yummy picture too! You should submit it to Baja and have them use it for their advertising...

The McPherson Clan--- said...

Better than Disneyland churros? Your flirting with blasphemy there. I hope you can put your money where your mouth is. I am the only one in the family who is churro-qualified to make a statement like that. I'll let you know. Stay tuned.

Devyn said...

I would have never guessed this...I was way off with orange.

Chelsea said...

DeEtte, I realize that you're the churro expert in teh family which is why I'm very eager to hear your opinion. FYI: You MUST eat it while it's hot and fresh to get the full effect!

Dev, I told you that the orange was way off...as well as the olive :)

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

I think I'll pass, the last thing I need is something else fattening to get hooked on. When you find some tasty veggie that is heavenly, remember me please :)

Betty Brackett said...

Hmmm...I had to ask Wendy what a Churro is. (It's true...grandma's been living under a rock, it seems).
She said they have good ones at Costco.

Ok, now someone tell me what I missed about Orange and Olive.

Shawn said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churro

I swear, the whole internet was invented just so Wikipedia could exist.

Betty Brackett said...

Chelsea's picture is much better than any of those on Wiki...I like Cuba's idea of serving them with chocolate, without even having tasted them. Anything tastes better with chocolate, does it not? :)

Adrienne said...

um... sadly it's true. Amy and I did go around to that many stands at six flags hoping for a churro, in fact we took a picture of Amy standing by the cart anxiously waiting for one to cook. now i'm gonna have to find out where a baja is around me. i'm suddenly craving a churro really bad...

lisa said...

ok, but can these pass up such wonderous creations as the fried snickers that we had here at the Fall Fun Fest?! Dont think so. :)

Chelsea said...

So wikipedia says "a churro is a fried-dough pastry-based snack"

Aunt Linda, I don't know where you got the idea that they're not healthy :) haha! Come on, every once in a while it's ok to indulge in fried fattening cinnamony sugary goodness.