Chels, I'm so sorry - I'm sick for you! Not just the money invested, and the time; but the shade for you guys and Cora! Plus, now that mess has to be cleaned up - how exactly do you dispose of a gazebo? Is it salvageable at all? Wish I was there to help. Mikal can help, maybe, huh? DeEtte's comment is hilarious! Shawn, I'm sure your engineering was just fine - it's a rare gazebo indeed that can withstand the rigors of a good Las Vegas wind. Maybe you should build one out of bricks...?
Oh Chelsea, that's so upsetting, I'm sure. Hopefully, nobody was out there to be crashed upon? I guess I'll quit complaining about shingles sacrificed to our winds. Love you alll.....
And Shawn, don't beat yourself up. The desert winds are a pretty unrelenting adversary. I've seen many contractor-installed projects blown away up here...next time just bolt stuff to the concrete :)
I am sure you have thought of it, but in case you haven't, most homeowners insurance policies cover some structures that are not part of your home. Tool Sheds and gazebo's included, depending on what your investment was versus your deductible you may want to check into it.
8 comments:
I'm so sorry honey! Surely my shoddy engineering is to blame! I will make you a sturdy gazebo, if it's the last thing I do! I love you!
i hate the wind. that really sucks. sorry chels.
I think that's a sign from God about moving to Southern California....I'm just sayin'.
Chels, I'm so sorry - I'm sick for you! Not just the money invested, and the time; but the shade for you guys and Cora! Plus, now that mess has to be cleaned up - how exactly do you dispose of a gazebo? Is it salvageable at all? Wish I was there to help. Mikal can help, maybe, huh? DeEtte's comment is hilarious! Shawn, I'm sure your engineering was just fine - it's a rare gazebo indeed that can withstand the rigors of a good Las Vegas wind. Maybe you should build one out of bricks...?
Oh Chelsea, that's so upsetting, I'm sure. Hopefully, nobody was out there to be crashed upon? I guess I'll quit complaining about shingles sacrificed to our winds. Love you alll.....
And Shawn, don't beat yourself up. The desert winds are a pretty unrelenting adversary. I've seen many contractor-installed projects blown away up here...next time just bolt stuff to the concrete :)
I am sure you have thought of it, but in case you haven't, most homeowners insurance policies cover some structures that are not part of your home. Tool Sheds and gazebo's included, depending on what your investment was versus your deductible you may want to check into it.
That is the pits !!
Just be glad that no one got hurt...still, that is so upsetting. I am so sorry.
Post a Comment