Shawn and I went to San Francisco for a long weekend (Friday-Tuesday) for a little get-a-way. My Aunt Lori came and stayed with Cora. It was the first time BOTH Shawn and I were away from her overnight. We had a total blast but it was definitely a very hard thing to be away from our baby that long! We talked to her once on the phone, although I think that made things a little worse...for us. She was having an absolutely fabulous time with Aunt Lori and apparently was an angel the entire time we were gone. it was very relieving to know she was in such good hands.
We did a ton of fun stuff in San Fran. Our hotel was right by Union Square which is basically the middle of down town. It was right by the trolley cars, tons of shops, restaurants, and many MANY homeless people begging for our money. It was the first time both of us had been there and it was such a new experience. Just a totally different atmosphere. The weather was nice the first two days but then got pretty cold and decided to rain on us...not so fun.
Warning!!! Picture overload!
Here's Shawn looking like a TOTAL tourist! This is sort of how we looked the whole time :)
The view from a trolley car on top of the hill.

GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE!

This must have been a famous mini bottle of Pepsi b/c it cost $4.50 from our hotel.
Mmmmm, it was good!

Our Hotel



"The Bush Man"
He sits on this bucket and hides behind shrubbery and scares people walking by. He's been doing it for like 27 years or something.

ALCATRAZ!
GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE!
This must have been a famous mini bottle of Pepsi b/c it cost $4.50 from our hotel.
Our Hotel
Fun pics!
"The Bush Man"
He sits on this bucket and hides behind shrubbery and scares people walking by. He's been doing it for like 27 years or something.
ALCATRAZ!
It was freezing cold!

Yes, we had to walk up that hill to get there. It wasn't fun!

Audio tour!

CHINA TOWN!
(kinda smelly, but fun)




FAMOUS BOOKSTORE!
Shawn really looked forward to going here...me, not so much.
CHINA TOWN!
(kinda smelly, but fun)
FAMOUS BOOKSTORE!
Shawn really looked forward to going here...me, not so much.
I really looked forward to this, but it was raining the day we went. We still had a good time and the park was beautiful.
13 comments:
I've seen the bush guy on t.v. It's hilarious! I'm glad you guys had fun.
Justin
I love the pics. My favorite is the one of you Chels, in the little oriental hat. So cute:) And how did either of you get up the guts to ak some random stranger to take those pics of you in Golden Gate Park? That's always an issue for me. But good job! Love the pics. Beautiful as always!
P.S. Thanks for the blog boycott Shawn. I'm glad I understand your sarcasm:) Very LOL!!
Chelsea used the handy-dandy timer on her camera! No needless inquiries to the locals.
How fun!!! Jason and I plan to go to San Fran in May, but just for the day. Looks like you guys had a great time.
Amy...that is so weird that you asked that question because I thought the same thing and then I remembered the timer thing, but would totally out of Chelsea's comfort zone. The pictures are great and it looked like you had alot of fun. We really missed you guys and are glad that you are home again safe and sound.
I'm glad it rained on you too. You two look like you had fun for your first time. The Bush man is hilarious. We have had encounters with him before as with all the other lovely people that like to sit and sing, dance, and scare. Did you go to the zoo? J/K. Alcatraz was freezing. Kind of creepy though. And the park, daring. Any crazy people hiding there. Glad you had fun. Please tell me that you took my advice and did not eat in China Town. The smell should have been our first warning. Until next time....
How fun!!! We are going there in April...but I'll be a waddling 8 months prego! :(
I'm glad you did all that stuff. I've been so many times and it never gets old. The trolleys, the bridge, Chinatown. It's all great! You two look like you had fun and the best part of a vacation is drinking a $4.50 drink from the hotel. We rent movies for 10 bucks when we stay in a hotel. I mean...hey...you're on vacation right?
The pictures are great, I love the clock :) I agree with Amy, you look darling in that hat. Glad you had fun and Lori had so much fun with Cora.
Who the heck was awake at 4:30am and deleted their comment from my blog??? Grandma, was that you??? :)
Heck no, it wasn't me!! :) At 4:30 I was lost in dreamland....ok, fess up whoever you are!
It may have been me. My comment posted multiple times for some reason.
Post a Comment